Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Banana Mango Loaf cake / Banana Mango Bread / வாழைப்பழம் மாம்பழம் கேக்

This is one of my draft which i wanted to post a long time ago . I made this loaf after i made the Banana cake which was a huge hit . This cake is a Mango banana combo . The overall result was really good . I made a loaf and few cup cakes from the batter . For now I shall post the Mango Banana loaf Pics and recipe . So now coming on to the recipe . Here it goes .

Banana Mango Loaf  Cake / வாழைப்பழம் மாம்பழம் கேக்


Ingredients:
  •   All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 1/2 cups
  •   Sugar - 3/4 cup  Baking powder - 1 tsp
  •   Baking soda - 1 1/2 tsp
  •   Salt - 1/4 tsp
  •   Unsalted butter - 1 stick ( Approx 1/2 cup when melted )
  •   Mashed Banana and Mango Puree - 1 1/2 cup ( I used 3 ripe banana and 1/2 cup of mango puree )
  •   Eggs - 2 no
  •   Vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
  • Nuts - Few ( optional ) 


Method:

Preheat the oven to 350 F . In a  mixer  Puree the banana and Mango together . Set aside .


 Melt the butter and set aside .

Beat the two eggs and set aside .




In a bowl , mix all purpose flour , salt  sugar , baking soda , baking powder and whisk . Make a dent in the middle .


Add the beaten eggs , melted butter , pureed mango and banana  , vanilla Extract and gently fold the wet ingredients to the fry ingredients using a spatula .



 Add the nuts and fold it again .


Take a bread loaf , and pour this mixture in to it and Bake for 35 to 40 minutes .


    Insert a tooth prick to check if the cake is fully baked ie the inserted tooth prick comes out clean . Slice it up .


    Enjoy this Cake with a cup of chai . Check out my Banana Mango Muffins recipe by pressing here .

    Linking this recipe to Whats with my cuppa an event by Nurpur .

    22 comments:

    1. Very delicious looking bread! he mango is giving such a great color to the bread..

      ReplyDelete
    2. Interesting loaf cake! Banana-mango is a new combo to me!

      ReplyDelete
    3. oh wow... mango and banana together!! bookmarked!!!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Nice combo and very interesting recipe to try..

      ReplyDelete
    5. well made dear.. looks superb.. nice combo..

      ReplyDelete
    6. Soft & yummilicious!!!
      Prathima Rao
      Prats Corner

      ReplyDelete
    7. Wow! Thanks so much for the recipe. When I first looked at the pics, I was thinking that it must be a difficult recipe but after the rest of the pics, I was glad that after all the recipe is simple. I seldom back because my baking skills are short handed and your recipe is one I will for sure try. Let me bookmark, make and link back to your blog.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Appreciate if you can follow me back Ms, after all we all want to have more followers and I am the same. Thanks a lot for that.

      ReplyDelete
    9. Beautifully done, who can resist to this wonderful and delicious cake.

      ReplyDelete
    10. Banana and mango? What an interesting combination! Beautiful color bread.

      ReplyDelete
    11. Wow look sooo good. I usually make fruit banana tea loaf cake same tin as your. Never thought of mango. Must def try make that one. Thank :) Louisa

      ReplyDelete