Sunday, November 24, 2013

HOW TO MAKE HEAVY CREAM | HEAVY CREAM SUBSTITUTE

The following post is an easy tip to make Heavy cream at home ( Heavy cream substitute ) . This works like a charm and works good to substitute the heavy cream . I love to add the heavy cream when I am making Paneer Butter Masala Or Paneer Mutter Recipe . Check out all the other Basic How to kitchen essentials posted in this blog here . Off to todays Heavy cream Recipe now .

How to make heavy cream at home , Step wise pictures
HOW TO MAKE HEAVY CREAM | HEAVY CREAM SUBSTITUTE


Ingredients:


  • Whole Milk - 3/4 cup
  • Butter - 5 table spoon

    Method:

    Take the butter and keep at the room temperature and melt them .


    Take the mik in a bowl , Now  add the melted butter to the milk .


    Whisk them using a beater or a mixer grinder .


    Continue to whisk till they get little thick and frothy . 


    Now refrigerate the contents and use as required . Take out the required cream out when needed from the refrigerator  and give a whisk before using them .


    Delicious Heavy cream is ready to use .


    Use it in making your favorite recipes . 

    Notes :

    • The above method  is a substitute to make a heavy cream .

    If you like this recipe please like my Facebook page here to get regular recipe updates , or follow me on twitter here , pinterest here , and Google plus here to get regular updates of recipes .


    28 comments:

    1. I generally avoid butter to keep a good count on calories :P But this will work great, I'm sure to go for this next time...

      On-going Event with a Giveaway @ http://cookingwithsj.com/pizza-zone/

      ReplyDelete
    2. very useful Preethi...will try it soon...

      ReplyDelete
    3. Wow cool recipe to make cream at home.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Very useful and lovely post, dear.

      ReplyDelete
    5. That sounds so simple and easy.. Very useful post!!

      ReplyDelete
    6. useful recipe. easy to make in minutes. thanks for the recipe...

      ReplyDelete
    7. Brilliant post on how to make heavy cream. I have issues buying it over at my place unless I get to the higher end supermarkets. I must try when I need heavy cream for making desserts.

      ReplyDelete
    8. This is very useful!! Thanks for sharing :)

      ReplyDelete
    9. Very very handy post. There are times when I badly need heavy cream but don't have it at home.
      Thanks for sharing.

      ReplyDelete
    10. Very important to know! Great to meet you & new follower! Thanks for sharing at Whatever Wednesday on Thank You Honey!

      ReplyDelete
    11. I tried making this but the butter and milk started to separate when i chilled it. Is it normal?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi Ten ,

        Well , May be . After refrigeration mine got thicker but did not get separated . I just gave a whisk with the hand beater and it was perfect to use . Coming to yours , I think you should have whipped more before refrigeration , ans after chilled use a fork or a hand beater to just give a mix , else if we beat more when chilled , I have read that butter separates out from the milk . Hope this helps

        Regards,
        Preethi

        Delete
    12. Which butter to use?? We usually get saltes butter in the market. Is using salted butter fine?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi Ravi , I think its fine to use the salted butter but the cream you get may be salty . I used Unsalted butter that I got from Target .Land o Lakes butter is good too . Hope this helps

        Delete
    13. Which butter to use? In market we get salted butter. Is it fine to use that?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi ,

        I used the ones available in Target store brand unsalted butter .. If we use the salted butter the cream may be salty .

        Delete
    14. hi , the butter and the milk are not mixing.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. @Anon ,
        Try to melt the butter to oil consistency , and then start to beat with the beater or whisk . Hope this helps .

        Delete
    15. Hi
      Can this be used to make whipped cream too?

      ReplyDelete
    16. Hi
      Can this be used to make whipped cream too?

      ReplyDelete
    17. I used whole milk & Amul butter. Whisked it for around 7 mins. But still it remained in the liquid form. Butter did seperately from milk. Hv kept it in the refridgerator. Let's see what is the outcome.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi Arwa ,
        The whisk is very important and it should be done that the melted butter and Milk and mixed well but the butter should not be separated . This will happen if you whisk more

        Thanks
        Preethi

        Delete
    18. Hi i prepared heavy cream by mixing whole cream and amul butter. Whisked it and refrigerated it.but the butter thickened and milk is still in liquid form.what can be done.milk and butter have seperated. Plz guide

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi ,
        I'm sorry to hear the outcome .I would recommend that you do not whisk more , this causes the butter to separate out from the milk .Make sure that the melted butter and Milk are mixed well and then refrigerate . Then once thicken give a gentle stir .
        I hope this helps
        Thanks
        Preethi

        Delete
    19. I cook a lot and when I need heavy cream for my pasta ..I use melted butter and warm milk and two table spoon of flour.. It works for me ..can't tell the difference:)

      ReplyDelete
    20. I use to make heavy cream for my pasta is melted butter and warm milk and couple TBS of flour..mix all together.. It works just fine..I hope this also help..

      ReplyDelete