Wednesday, July 25, 2012

CAPSICUM PICKLE | PICKLE RECIPE

I love pickles . I like to make pickle with any vegetable that I get in hand . My mom makes this recipe when I was young and I loved it a lot . Check out the Green chilli Pickle here  which is very similar to this recipe ,  and my MOM's Lemon pickle here. check out the other pickle recipes in my blog by clicking here . Off to today's recipe .

Easy pickle recipe made with capsicum aka , Bell peppers
CAPSICUM PICKLE | PICKLE RECIPE




Ingredients:

  • Bell peppers / Capsicum - 1 number, chopped in to small pieces
  • Onion - 2 number , chopped in to small pieces
  • Tamarind Juice - 1/2 cup , thick concentrate
  • Oil - 2 tbsp
  • Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
  • Methi seeds - 1 tsp
  • Red Chilli powder - 2 tsp
  • Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Salt - to taste

Method: 

Heat oil in a Kadai , add the mustard seeds and allow it to pop , add the methi seeds and cook till it browns in color .


Now add the chopped onions and fry till it be becomes translucent .




Now add the chopped Capsicum, chiili powder ,turmeric powder ,  salt and mix .


Add the tamarind juice concentrate and bring it to boil . Cook till the oil separates out from the pickle.


Allow it to cool . Transfer the contents to a container and store it in refrigerator and use up to 30 - 45 days .

Easy pickle recipe

Serve this pickle along with the curd rice .

If you Like my recipes please click here to like my face book page to get regular recipe updates .


25 comments:

  1. innovative recipe... looks delicious and mouthwatering...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious pickle..never made pickle with capsicum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this idea. Must be tasting great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this idea, must have tasted great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow !! Real finger licking pickle...
    http://recipe-excavator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy ;-)
    Will try this for sure !!!!
    shrutirasoi

    Today's Recipe
    Lemon Rice

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!! Your space is beautiful. Just loved the step by step pictures This pickle looks delicious. Keep the great food coming in :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks yummy.
    http://www.indiantastyfoodrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. mouthwatering.....looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh ghosh..this is one lip smacking pickle!!! thx for dropping by my space..happy to follow u too!!! Keep rocking :)
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  11. mouth watering,,. new to me.. it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like the step by step pictures, easy to go through , easy to go through the recipe. must visit my place dear when time persists Recipes Passion

    ReplyDelete