Monday, May 13, 2013

Lamb Eggplant Stew / Aatu kari Katharikkai Kulambu / ஆட்டு கரி கத்தரிக்காய் குழம்பு

I am a great fan of mutton recipes . This recipe is my grand mothers recipe which is passed to my mom and now to me . When I was a kid my mom makes this recipe weekly once and I used to love this .  The combination gives a unique flavor and taste which will surely impress the one to whom you are cooking for . It requires 4 major ingredients and made quickly too .

Lamb Eggplant Stew Recipe
Lamb Eggplant Stew / Aatu kari Katharikkai Kulambu / ஆட்டு கரி கத்தரிக்காய் குழம்பு
Ingredients:

  • Lamb / Goat pieces - 200 gm , chopped ( Preferably with bones )
  • Eggplant - 3 no , Diced length wise ( I used 2 long Chinese Eggplants )
  • Onion - 1 no , Chopped Lengthwise
  • Oil - 2 tsp
  • Red Chilli Powder - 2 tsp ( Sambar Powder could be used too )
  • Corriander Powder - 1 tsp
  • Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Salt - To taste

To Grind: 

  • Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
  • Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
  • Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
Method:

In a pressure cooker , heat oil . Add the onions and cook till they become translucent .


Grind together coconut , fennel seeds and cumin seeds in to a paste by adding little water . Set aside .


Add the Lamb / Goat pieces  , chilli powder , Coriander powder , turmeric powder , salt and mix .


Add the ground paste and add water  and bring the contents to a boil .


Cover with the lid and pressure cook the contents for 10 minutes or till the Mutton pieces become tender . Now add the chopped Eggplant .


Cover with the lid and pressure cook for only 1 hisses . Turn off . Garnish with Cilantro leaves .


Serve hot with steamed rice , any flat breads and also Idly and Dosa recipes .




15 comments:

  1. Tasty combination of eggplant and mutton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks perfect...great clicks

    ReplyDelete
  3. this stew looks hot n spicy...tempting clicks dear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super aatu kari kuzhambu, I love this combo, super kalakureenga...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never tried eggplant with lamb before but its sure pulling my attention very strongly. That veg and lamb, both which we find very hard to say no. The curry is so attractive and fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious looking mutton curry, and I HAVE to try this. I was thinking about making mutton and eggplant - but making them together didn'[t cross my mind.

    Thanks so much!!! Bookmarking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lamb is of fantastic one and wonderful. Thanks. I love it. ClickSouth Indian Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  8. This stew looks absolutely divine.. My favorite meat and eggplant in one dish.. Will try this soon Preethi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very new recipe for me. Stew looks yumm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I prepared it today it's very nice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I prepared it today it's very nice

    ReplyDelete