Monday, May 20, 2013

Channa Dal Chutney / Kadalai Parupu Chutney / Lentil Dip / கடலை பருப்பு சட்னி

This Chutney is easy and could be made in 15 minutes . I ran out of the Roasted Channa dal ( Dalia ) in my home , so I substituted with the channa dal . I tried this for the first time and it came out really well . Off to the recipe

Kadalai Paruppu Chutney Recipe
Channa Dal Chutney / Kadalai Parupu Chutney / Lentil Dip / கடலை பருப்பு சட்னி


Ingredients:
  • Cilantro Leaves - Handful , Cleaned and chopped
  • Grated Coconut - 1/4 cup 
  • Green Chilli - 1 no
  • Channa Dal - 1.5 tbsp
  • Salt - to taste
  • Curry leaf - 1 spring
To Temper:

  • Oil - 1 tsp
  • Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
  • Urad dal - 1 tsp
  • Curry leaf - 1 spring

Method:

Roast the channa dal in a griddle till brown or Toast it in Oven at 350 F for 8 to 10 minutes till brown . Set aside .
In a mixer , add the cilantro leaf , grated coconut ,green chilli , salt and water and run it to a paste .



Now add the Toasted channa dal to it .


Grind it to a paste .


Now the last part is tempering . Heat oil in a pan , add the mustard seeds and allow it to pop . Add the urad dal and let it fry till it become crunchy . Add the Curry leaf and turn off . Pour the tempered ingredients over the chutney .





Serve hot with Idly and Dosa recipe .

14 comments:

  1. Delicious chutney, luv it.

    Event : Mango Delights
    http://kausers-kitchen.blogspot.in/2013/05/my-first-event-mango-delights.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ur version is different from mine..looks colourful n tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The balance of channa dal from my fridge has to be come out now. I am so trilled that I am seeing a wonderful chutney that I can make from the dal. Oh me, the flavors are tempting me to the maximum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This chutney is new to me.. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can have this fabulous chutney with some crispy dosas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very interesting n new to me, haven't tried this way...looks inviting, will surely try this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting recipe..my version is different. Shall try this soon!

    ReplyDelete