Thursday, June 20, 2013

Mutton Liver Fry | Aatu Eral Varuval | Mutton Liver Pepper Fry

My mom makes this recipe when I was a kid . She tells that the liver has a lot of iron content in it and forces me to eat this . I did not like cook it because of its smell , but my mom suggest that adding the crushed pepper and cumin seeds powder covers the smell of the liver when it is cooked . Check out my other Mutton recipes by clicking here .

Eral Varuval made with peppers and Onions
Mutton Liver Fry / Aatu Eral Varuval / Mutton Liver Pepper Fry


Ingredients:

  • Mutton Liver Pieces ( Goat or Lamb ) -  250 gm , Chopped 
  • Onion - 2 no - chopped
  • Red Chillis - 4 no
  • Sesame Oil - 1 tbsp ( Any cooking oil could be used )
  • Turmeric powder - 1 pinch 
  • salt - to taste

To Grind:

  • Cumin seeds - 2 tsp
  • Pepper Corns - 1 tsp


Method:

In a mixer grind together cumin seeds , and pepper corns in to a powder . Set aside .

Heat oil in a kadai . Add the onions and whole red chilli and fry till the onion become translucent .


    Add the Livers , ground cumin , pepper corns powder , salt , turmeric powder and mix well .


    Cook till the oil separates out from the curry .


    Serve hot with Steamed rice


    Garnish with some cilantro leaves and serve hot .

    11 comments:

    1. Mom used to prepare this. Missing here.. Urs looks lovely

      ReplyDelete
    2. Yummyy...

      Hope all r joining d daily foodie quiz in my page...
      Very informative n can win prizes too..
      Link to d quiz & ans the current question....
      U may b d lucky winner 2day !!! Hurry !!
      http://www.sajustastes.com/2013/05/food-quiz-surprises.html

      ReplyDelete
    3. looks great and tempting eventhough me not a big fan of liver..
      Noel Collections

      ReplyDelete
    4. Wow super fry Preethi, very lovely...
      naaku uurudhu... very very tempting...

      ReplyDelete
    5. Your Mum is absolutely right. The liver is loaded with iron. The recipe sounds nice.
      To kill the smell of the liver, I usually plunge the pieces in boiling water for a minute or so and then remove and wash them with cold water. Try it next time u make this dish. :-)

      ReplyDelete
    6. I love the liver but my other will stay away. So I have to make and enjoy this lovely dried type curry by myself when he is not around.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Love to finish that whole bowl rite now,irresistible and seriously tempting liver fry.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Looks great, superb and yummy Preethi :-)

      ReplyDelete